Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A little piece of home...

Hello all!

Hope everyone is doing well! Just a little update on a wonderful blessing that the Lord provided for our team last night. Each Tuesday, the Economicas team has an hour of prayer for the campus. It's a wonderful time where we thank God for what he's done, praise Him, and present our requests for how we'd like to see Him move. So, last night the STINTers on our campus invited our little Economicas team over to their apartment to do prayer there and have dinner! We actually got to open up prayer by using Soularium cards which I thought was really cool since I had never been on the receiving end of Soularium, haha. We each picked a card that described a promise God has made to us and what that promise means to us personally. I got to share about God's promise that He is unchanging and will never leave me nor forsake me. It was a nice reminder of what God has been teaching me throughout my entire walk with Him; although people, even the ones that love me, will sometimes let me down or not be there for me, God always will be there for me and I can depend on Him. He will never change. He is our rock solid foundation! I also got to hear from two women on my project about how God's promise that He loves us and God's promise that He is sovereign has both comforted and convicted them. It was so nice to be in a cozy little apartment out of the cold discussing God's promises to us on a personal level. I felt so loved and just blessed to be sitting in an apartment in Buenos Aires, Argentina talking about the faithfulness of the one true God! He is so good. :) Another blessing: dinner! Our lovely hosts, Kurt and Morgan, prepared a feast of salad (it's ridiculous how rare it is to eat vegetables that aren't fried here), cornbread, chili, and brownies for us to eat. And SWEET TEA! Needless to say, I stuffed my face. It was a nice little taste of home for all of us. It was a wonderful time of fellowship, a little bit of practicing Spanish with Deborah the Argentine student leader on Econ, and reflection on what the Lord has done on the Economicas campus and all over Buenos Aires in the past few weeks!

1 comment:

  1. I love this, Melicia! This is such an awesome aspect of God and one that He reminds me of ALL the time! Happy to hear about your God/life-refresher time :)

    ReplyDelete