Sunday, May 13, 2012

Personal Testimony

Hey all! So, for project we were asked to write up a short little account of our testimony and I thought that would be a cool thing to share with you all as well! So here it is. :)


Before I received Christ into my life, I placed my foundation of life on things that couldn't bear that weight, specifically the idea of having a perfect family. However, my parents fought a lot  and they were human beings, there was no way that they could live up to that pressure. As a result of this, I was always anxious, scared, and insecure. I spent my life in constant worry. I remember waking up in the mornings with outrageous pain because I had ground my teeth all night because of the stress. When I was around sixteen years old, at the invitation of my two friends, I began attending a before school student ministry called First Priority. It was there that I heard and first really understood about how God sent Jesus Christ to die for my sins because He loved me that much. I accepted Christ into my life shortly after. As soon as I realized the magnitude of that event and really began to grow in Him, my life began to look drastically different. I had a new peace because my happiness was built on something solid: the fact that God loves me and has a plan for me. Philippians 4:6-7 says, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." While I still worry and bad things still happen, I know that God will guide me though them and comfort me with His peace which is everlasting.

1 comment: